At the age of 13, fed up with the constraints of religion, Anthony turned to his peers and idols for a definition of truth that would suit his growing need for indulgence. His adolescent years were filled with anger, rage and hatred toward the true dignity of manhood. Sex, drugs and rock’n’roll was his idea of what life should consist of. This lead him down the wide path of spiritual destruction. All of the things he thought would bring him happiness and fulfillment betrayed him and left him utterly devoid of life, liberty and happiness. Forced to confront the reality of his own selfishness, he collapsed under the weight of his own iniquity. Seeking to take his own life time and time again, he found himself in desperate need of a savior.
Searching for a God he did not know, inspired by a grace he did not understand, he responded to a call he could not mistake. God in His Infinite Mercy called out to Anthony and sought to bring him home to Himself. Returning to the Sacrament of Confession after 10 years of grave sin brought life to this barren soul and set him on a new path, a demanding path which would require of him to die to self. Although it may seem that Anthony had lost much, in reality he found what he had been searching for… love, freedom and true manhood.
Anthony lives in Seaford with his wife Crystal and their five children.
Anthony Gentile is dedicated to the new evangelization and bringing about a new springtime of Catholic men and women.
Some of his past events include:
- One of the Keynote Speakers at the 2010 and 2011 Long Island Catholic Men's Conferences
- Keynote Speaker at a 2013 Conference celebrating the opening of the cause of canonization of Audrey Santo in the Archdiocese of Boston
- Keynote Speaker at the 2012 Youth For Life "Alive" Conference
- 3 "Faith On Tap" sessions on Theology of the Body and Marriage
- Led a Young Adult course on Theology of the Body
- Retreat Leader for the 2013 Confirmation Class at the Basilica of the Scared Hearts of Jesus and Mary
In addition to the above engagements, Anthony has spoken at men's groups, women's groups, prayer meetings, confirmation retreats and various other Church functions and retreats. Topics include but are not limited to: Conversion, The Sacraments, Theology of the Body, The Christian Family, Manhood, Spiritual Warfare, Lives of the Saints, etc...
Anthony Gentile is a proud member of the elite
Click link for information on inviting him to your event!